Saturday, September 12, 2015

Automobiles May Enter

This brief article comes from the April 20, 1910 issue of The Horseless Age, a periodical which covered automobile-related topics.  That year, the Cemetery trustees first allowed automobiles to enter the Cemetery grounds, but only through the South Gate and with certain restrictions.

"At the half-mile circle, to which they will now be permitted to run, a man will be stationed constantly, and if any motorist passes the point, all gates will be closed by telephone orders until the violator of the rule is caught."

No comments:

Post a Comment